Saturday, June 29, 11:00 am @ Castro
- Summer Suit, dir. Rebecca Peniston-Bird, 2013, Australia, 15 min.
- Gorilla, dir. Tim Marshall, 2012, Australia, 13 min.
- dik, dir. Christopher Stollery, 2012, Australia, 9 min.
- Kitty, dir. Cindy Dodkins, 2012, Australia, 6 min.
- Queen of the Desert, dir. Alex Kelly, 2012, Australia, 28 min.
|Robbie, helping at her|
father’s petrol station
Summer Suit • IMDb page •
|Sean and Joel, with|
a gorilla in their midst
Gorilla • IMDb page •
|Read my review of dik here.|
Kitty is the story of an effeminate boy who will go to almost any lengths to be accepted by his sister and her friends. The girls push the envelope, finally giving him a dare that could bring his world crashing down. His desperate longing to be accepted as one of the girls is palpable, as is the sense of foreboding that he may be about to be forced back into the closet for boy drag until he’s quite a bit older. Well done, Recommended.
Kitty • IMDb page •
|A frock on a rock — she’s|
Available on DVD in PAL (Australia, Europe) or NTSC (North America, Japan) format
Queen of the Desert • IMDb page • Official website • Star Lady’s website •