Thursday, June 14, 2018

Frameline 42, here we come!

The 42nd annual Frameline LGBTQ Film Festival starts TONIGHT in San Francisco with Transmilitary, a documentary about transgender people serving in the United States armed forces and dealing with the uncertainty created by our purported President.

However, again this year I got a head start! I will be posting advance reviews of the films I’ve seen (starting with tonight’s second film, A Moment in the Reeds), plus reviewing the ones I see in the theaters over the next week and a half.

Of course, my festival also started early in person, with the amazing QWOCFF (Queer Women of Color Film Festival, put on by QWOCMAP, the QWOC Media Arts Project) this past weekend, with 20 short films, all of which were good and several of which were truly exceptional.

No comments:

Post a Comment