Thursday, June 16, 2022

The Coast is Queer! Frameline46 Begins

Tonight is the opening of the 46th annual Frameline LGBTQ+ film festival. In-person screenings run from June 16 to June 26, and most of the films are also available for at-home streaming (anywhere in the United States) June 24 to June 30. Details at Frameline.org

In-person screenings for QWOCMAP (Queer Women Of Color film festival) were this past weekend, with at-home streaming available, also June 24 to June 30. I didn’t make it out to the Presidio (this year’s venue, instead of the Brava Theatre) in person, but I’m hoping to squeeze in a little bit of streaming amidst the Frameline.

I didn’t manage to get any advance screeners this year, but, after two years of virtual Covid hibernation, I am back in the theater and back on the blog. Check back often to see what I’ve seen, what I’m looking forward to, what I loved and what I hated.

The Opening Night film is the first two episodes of the new Amazon Prime series A League of Their Own (available on Prime beginning August 12), followed by Follow the Protocol, a film about hookup sex in the Covid era. I’ll be there in the theater, sadly no longer literally with bells on (my necklace broke 😢).

In the “both-and instead of either-or” spirit, Be there and be queer!

No comments:

Post a Comment