Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Saturn in Opposition (Saturno contro)

Friday, June 20, 9:15 pm, Castro Theatre, SATU20C

Lorenzo is at the center of a disparate group of friends. He and his boyfriend Davide, a famous novelist, host frequent dinner parties. At one of them, Lorenzo collapses into a coma, leaving the rest of the group to question what other connections they have to one another. Unfortunately, most of my interest in the film plotzed face first into the pasta right alongside Lorenzo. Saturn in Opposition was nominated for several David di Donatello awards (Italy's answer to the Oscars®), but I give it no recommendation.

Saturn in Opposition (Saturno contro), dir. Ferzan Ozpetek, 2007 Italy 113 min., in Italian with English subtitles

Technorati tags: , , ,

3 comments:

  1. I think I enjoyed this more than Linc did, but it's maybe a 6 out of 10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I waffled a bit whether to give it a recommended tag, but I felt it was a bit disappointing for what I was expecting. It's certainly not a film that I would tell people to avoid, but also not one I would seek out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had every intention of seeing this one. How disappointing.

    And thanks for your site, Lincoln. I can't wait to get back to the festival.

    ReplyDelete