Monday, June 24, 2019

Before You Know It

Before You Know It, dir. Hannah Pearl Utt, 2019, USA, 98m 👎🏼👎🏼
Monday, June 24, 6:30 pm, Castro Theatre

Before You Know It
Relentlessly tiresome and hopelessly unfunny. I sat through the first half without laughing once, without chuckling once, without so much as cracking a halfhearted smile. Mandy Patinkin turned in a great performance as the insufferably annoying father, but the problem with doing a great job playing an insufferably annoying character is that it is very easy for your performance itself to be insufferably annoying. Besides that, he dies very early in the film. His two daughters are polar opposites in some respects, one much more annoying than the other, but they both have their cringe-inducing moments. As I sat through the first half, I found myself caring less and less about the whole story with each passing moment, until I reached zero.

I walked out. Save yourself the trouble: just don’t go see this humorless hot mess. Definitely NOT RECOMMENDED. Coming to theatres at the end of August, so be sure you don’t accidentally buy a ticket. • IMDb

No comments:

Post a Comment