Monday, June 03, 2024

Raising the alarm: Zealots downvoting LGBTQ films on Vudu/Fandango at Home

I was browsing Fandango at Home (formerly known as Vudu), which now has a section devoted to LGBTQ films, with loads of wonderful films and quite a few good deals. At some point, maybe I’ll put up a list of some of my recommendations.

However, I was quite distressed to notice a definite pattern of extremely low “community” scores for many of the films. Films that scored 90% or better on Rotten Tomatoes had a 1 out of 5 stars from the community. The only plausible explanation is that a group of zealots has been systematically downvoting LGBTQ films in an effort to limit their reach.

I urge you to go on Fandango at Home and find any LGBTQ titles you have seen and give them your honest rating. If enough of us do that, we can drown out the voices of the homophobes and transphobes who are making mischief.

No comments:

Post a Comment